Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year, New Start

I am a die-hard when it comes to New Years Resolutions. Every year, I make several. They are ambitious and repetitive. They usually involve weight-loss, parenting, organization, and spiritual growth.

This year our family is going through lots of new things. We started off with Mike living in Pennsylvania at his new job and the kids and I living in Montana while the kids finish the semester off. This new year also finds us living in a hotel. It has been fun not having to clean bathrooms or make food and to swim everyday. However, it is getting very old and I am over being separated from my spouse. I am extremely grateful that we only lived like this for three months, not six!

Because of all the new starts, I decided it was time to refresh my blog and re-start. I still love Costco and hope to still shop there on a regular basis once we have moved. However, it will be about an hour away, not just five minutes down the road. And really, I am still a Costco addict, but not like I was when I started my previous blog. Besides, I want this blog to be about my family, not just my strange addiction!

Word of warning, I am random. One day I may talk about an amazing recipe, and the next my sweet children, and the next some spiritual concept I am wresting with, and the next the gorgeous dress I saw at the mall...but that is what encompasses me and my family.

3 comments:

Deedee said...

Hiya girl! Nice new blog. I'm ridiculously excited about you moving less than TWO HOURS from my Mom's house!!!!! Can't wait to see you next Dec/Jan when we are in! WHOO HOO!!!

Heasleye said...

Hey lady! I look forward to reading. :)
Elaine

Deanne said...

praying your move goes smoothly, and as you and your family transition to a new life in a new place.

**ps. I hope this means more blogging from you! :) (not that I have room to demand posts, have you been to my blog lately?) ;)